Sunday, May 4, 2008

I made it!

My flight to Johannesburg was ok. The man sitting next to me was Irish and was pretty funny. There was this baby behind me that started crying around 1am and didn't really stop til around 3. So I didn't sleep much, but that's ok. I was lucky because there was this really nice guy from South Africa on the flight and he directed me through Customs and even helped me find my luggage. Unfortunately, one of my suitcases didn't arrive in Johannesburg. I waited for over an hour and a half at the baggage claim, but ended up leaving without knowing where my bag was because I needed to catch my flight to Phalaborwa. Luckily, we were able to find out where my bag was here. I went back to the airport and picked it up a few minutes ago. So despite a bit of problems, everything seems to have worked out fine on my way here!
So tonight, I stay here at this hotel. It is very colorful. Of course, my favorite part are the house dogs, all of whom are very friendly. Tomorrow, a staff member from C.A.R.E. picks me up and I start my work with the baboons!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Yeah... you arrived!! Of course you would find some dogs to pal around with!! Hopefully you can sleep tonight, the adventure continues tomorrow. Miss you!!